Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Senior Final

Senior Section 

Each take away from the guarantees have improved the way I work with school. Communication skills and getting my opinion out there regardless if its not what everyone wants to hear. Leadership I used just to get the project done and solve problems. Project management recently has been a problem with our documentary. I was constantly busy with soccer or graduation stuff. Like going to Tulsa multiple times to help my brother move. On top of all that I was sick a lot and puking so I couldn't do much there. It's not really an excuse it's just hard to do at the moment, but we plan on getting it done before the school year ends. My greatest strength would be to communicate with others. Ive always been pretty good at voicing my opinions eventually. Weakness would be project management just getting all my work laid out and complete it. Im going to take what I learned most of all is collaborating with others in order to get an end result that everyone is happy with. Theres not really anything that I would like to change. Conclusion, I can't wait for high school to be over with.

Commercial 

The first assignment we had in this class was to create a commercial. This took about 2 weeks to complete. Our commercial idea was the big mac from McDonald's. Some challenges we faced really came to shooting the video. People had to work and also had other activities to do outside of school. Another trouble we had was in the editing process. The sound wasn't there and then all of a sudden appeared so that was a little off. Along the way I realized that even if you are assigned a job you can still help other people in completing their job if they need some help so they are able to learn what to do the next time they are having troubles. Feedback I was given was definitely work on lighting. It was hard to get good lighting just because of all the glares from windows but also the light inside our location was very orange to begin with. I would change the music in the back just so it would flow a lot better and look less low budget if that makes sense. Overall I would use this as a learning opportunity to do better in upcoming projects.

Music Video

Our next assignment was our music video. This project took roughly 3 weeks to complete. Some challenges we faced really was in our actors. We weren't able to find a male actor who would fit the role of our vision and ultimately changed the way we wanted the video to turn out. All the way I learned that communicating really helps. When we thought our project was over, we put our heads together and knew that we couldn't give up. Feedback we were given was to make our story more clear. It was confusing to some audience what we were trying to portray. Originally, we were going to have it a guy and a girl falling in love and have the guy cheat on her, but we had to change it because our actor didn't work out, so we had to shoot it from the guys POV. My overall opinion was that this was the most fun video that I have ever created and it made me fall back in love with creating films again.


Short film

Our latest assignment was to create a short film. What our idea that we had was great. It did however take us way longer than we expected and wanted it to. We faced many challenges along the way. Our major challenge was our lives outside of school. Many of the crew had other things to do like work, sports, family, etc... We did have a male actor to play the part, but when it came down to it he wasn't very reliable and we ended up cutting him from our film. With that we tried to change the story to be sisters because we were able to find another girl actor and was able to change the script to make it all work. That all came back to our lives out of school and the time limit we were given to complete this project. Our teacher however gave us a new assignment to do and for that I am so grateful. I was able to put everyone I loved in one video. I am going to make that better probably over break and turn it in again. I learned to make time and be thankful for people even in stressed out situations. Feedback was to do better on it and show it to people who are in the video. I changed the assignment. Overall I am excited to make it better.

Time management

I used my time in class to the best of my ability. I finished pre-production right away with our group and even came in for lunch to discuss and make the film better outside of class. When that was finished, I did however got off track and did my own thing because all we had to do was go out and shoot at that point. After we shot, I did give input to my editors, but then went own to doing my own thing again. Outside of class me and Fran spent a whole day working on completing storyboards so that we would have them for the next day to discuss to our group in class. 

Strengths 

My strengths came in at pre-production. I was really focused with the ideas that we all put together and got people on track on what they should be doing in the time they should have it finished by. I was good at taking control and calming people down and giving people in my group options. I maximized my strengths and tried my best to make people relax.

Improvement

An improvement to make would be to create more bonds with people. I feel like I don't go out of my box to meet new people and if I did that it would help me being less shy and all of that

Feature Film Role

My production roll was PA. I didn't really do much because of soccer, but when I could I would go on set and help them out. Outside of filming, I also didn't do much, no one really asked me to do anything so I was straight chilling.


Summary

I loved doing the music videos the most this semester. I love music and listen to it 25/8 so it did change my perspective on film. I think that if I did this as a career it would be for music and or forensic science. I think it'd be cool to use my skills in video and mash in what I learn in college and help the criminal justice system. I'd change/ do differently and have people do what kind of film they want to do. Like don't have an assigned project. Give them an option to create a commercial, music video, or a short film. That way, students can have more of a passion to create what they want and have time to focus and have the best version of the video they want to create. Overall I'd take communication skills with me. In years past, I would be very to myself and whatever people in my group would want to do I'd roll with it. This year however, I put in my input and help others with the stress that comes with creating a video. A goal next year would to do good in college and use the 5 guarantees skills that I learned here to the outside world. I want Mrs. Smith to know that I appreciate all the love that she shows each student.  Final thoughts is that I'm glad High School is over

No comments:

Post a Comment